Friday, November 1, 2013

Family

My family has shaped me into the person I am today and I know I would not be the same with out them. My parents have lead me in the right direction and I know that they have raised me to the best of their ability. They taught me all the manners and right from wrong. They also taught me to live a healthy lifestyle. I couldn't imagine how my life if I was brought up any differently. they mean the world to me. Another person that has had a huge impact in my life is my brother, Chris. He has taught me many different things in my life too. Some of the lessons were easier to learn than others because of his methods. We used to fight all the time but looking back, those fights really did make me a tougher person. I can handle a lot more than most girls can. It takes a lot to really get to me. One lesson that he taught me was that if you give someone a reaction, then they will keep tormenting you just to get that little something out of you. I didn't think that I could really use that in real life but I have seen cases where it applied in so many different scenarios. I love him to death and I know he will always be there for me when I need him. Although he is tiny, he can take on whoever tries to hurt me! Last but not least is my sister, Jacqueline. She is from my dad's previous marriage so technically she is only my half sister but I would never view her as anything less than my sister. She is ten years older than I am and she lives in Richmond, VA but she has always been there for me. When I was younger I would call her every week and sometimes twice a week. If she wasn't there when I called I knew that she would call back soon. She never treats me like there is such an age difference. When she first got engaged when I was 15, she called me first to tell me. I don't think she will ever know how much that meant to me. In the days following her engagement she asked me to be her maid of honor. Being 15 and having to do all of the maid of honor stuff was a little frightening. Luckily her friends helped me out and it turned out to be a beautiful wedding. She gave me confidence that I never knew I could have by doing that. She always was there to listen in ways that my other family members couldn't. She just informed my family that there is a little one on the way and I couldn't be happier for her and her husband Josh. My family is the best family that I could have asked for and I wouldn't trade them for the world!

2 comments:

  1. Its great that you are close to your family!! So am I and its so nice to be able to talk to them about anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand how you feel with the whole maid of honor thing and feeling too young to have that important of a job! I'm sure you helped put on an amazing wedding!

    ReplyDelete