Monday, November 4, 2013

Reminiscing

Getting this far into the semester it is crazy to think that we are almost done with half of our freshman year. Growing up really has shown me how time flies. Although many people, especially young ones, seem to wish their life away saying things like, "I just wanna be older." or something along those lines. I know I was definitely one of those kids. I remember just wanting to be older so I could beat up my older brother because I was too small to then. Looking back though its like where did the time go? I remember my childhood but I question why I wanted to leave it. I had a big backyard, lots of toys, and I was just extremely happy. I was one of those girls that was influenced a little bit too much by her brother so I grew up like a little boy. I always played outside with him and we had forts and built tree houses with my dad. I remember how I would always go on adventures with my brother through the woods at our house. It was quite marshy so we never knew what would happen. We would always have the greatest times exploring in there and something new always happened. I really enjoyed playing pokemon and other games of that nature for a long while. I am glad that I had such a good companion growing up although we did fight a lot. When we weren't fighting we did enjoy each other. In one of my previous blogs I wrote how I lived on the water. I would always go down there are just sit on the beach and enjoy the view. I used to be able to stay down there forever and just watch the waves go in and out. I really miss being able to do that. During the winter, the tide would go unusually low so I would be able to wander farther along the beach than during the summer. Those were the days when I had no cares in the world. I know I stopped doing that when I started having a lot more homework and ultimately when I grew up. I would walk down there sometimes but not nearly as often as I did when I was younger. I started taking it for granted and knew it was always going to be there. Now that it is 4 1/2 hours away, I really do miss it and would give anything to have that comfort of home right outside my dorm. After writing this, I don't want to go and relive the past but I just wish that I would have taken more time to appreciate things that I know I didn't.

2 comments:

  1. I was always the kid who wanted to grow up and move away and be an adult! Now I wish I could a little kid again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really miss the carefree lifestyle that I used to have when I was younger! Being an adult now I really wish I wouldn't have wanted time to go by so fast. Good blog! It really made me reminisce about my childhood.

    ReplyDelete