Wednesday, November 13, 2013

What the Cold Can Bring

I can't believe how quickly the temperature changed over the past day! I was expecting it to get cold but not drop 20 degrees in the span of a day! I went outside yesterday morning and thought it actually wasn't that cold. Then I went outside a little later and noticed how much the temperature had dropped. I then proceeded to go outside last night in the dark and almost froze. I didn't think that I was going to make it across the drillfield! I honestly don't know how I am going to survive winter! Usually at home it gets pretty cold but there is one thing missing there: the wind. If the wind didn't occur here then I would be perfectly content and be able to stand it. I would much rather be somewhere warm than somewhere cold. I think the coldest weather I have ever been in was in Snowshoe, WV. My family and I took a trip up there to go skiing one year right after Christmas. It took so long to get there because of the snow that was coming down. It had started as soon as we left the house and didn't stop for the next few days. When we finally got to the resort, it had already snowed so much. I don't think that I have ever seen so much snow. And it kept snowing! It wasn't just light flurries either. It was coming down. We went skiing when it was still snowing and it was just miserably cold. I think it was eight degrees without the wind chill. My dad and were skiing together and we both had little hand warmers in our gloves and in our boots but they still didn't do much. We had to take so many breaks because neither of us could handle it. the visibility on the mountain was also very slim. We were on the second story of the place we were staying and the snow had built up so much we could jump off the balcony and hit the snow almost instantly so we did. I was a lot of fun being able to feel like a daredevil. After the snow finally cleared up a few days later we went out and really enjoyed it rather than just trudging through it. It was so beautiful. Everything was like a winter wonderland. There were trails that wound through the woods so we decided to take them. Since the snow was real, the ride was really smooth and it really glistened. I thought to myself, "Well I guess the cold isn't too bad." after seeing what it has the capability of bringing! Hopefully we will get a snow like that!

This is me after I jumped off the second story of our building.

3 comments:

  1. I agree the wind here plus the cold is terrible! I just wish it was warm!! Also I really like how you added a picture it made the blog even more interesting! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love skiing so much but it definitely is miserable when it is that cold out. Night skiing is pretty rough on the body.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool, that seems like a really heavy snow. Hope I can see such snow this winter!

    ReplyDelete