Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Thanksgiving

I am so excited to go home for Thanksgiving. I am just looking forward o relaxing and just enjoying the peace and quiet of home. I am also looking forward to the food! My family goes my dad's cousin's house where all of his side of the family comes to eat. We don't go to my mom's side of the family for Thanksgiving because they live in New York, Hawaii, Florida, Louisiana, and some do actually live in Virginia too! It is always fun going there because my sister and her husband come and we just enjoy each other since we don't get to see each other too often. I have always partaken in being one of the people that eats until they drop. It is one of the many pleasures of being a runner. I love being able to eat whatever I want. I always run the Turkey Trot in my town which is about 4 miles so it makes me feel like I can eat even more. After I do the turkey trot, my friend Kate invites us over to have pancakes (her mom can make the best pancakes!!). Another Thanksgiving tradition that I enjoy participating in is watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. I love seeing all the floats and performances that go along with it. I want to go one day and actually be a part of it. I think that would just be so awesome. Well either that or New Years Eve in New York. That would be pretty cool too. I really enjoy the holidays. It is just so much fun. We usually set up the Christmas tree shortly after Thanksgiving. I hope we will have time to do that when I am still home! It usually becomes my job to do it but I don't mind it at all. We have SO many ornaments so at the end of putting them on the tree there is usually no space left. We have collected them over so many years. It is cool seeing all the different ones that we have and remembering where they came from. As much as I love Christmas time, I think putting up Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving is too early. It just isn't time yet and I think that people should wait instead of rush it. I mean there is still over a month to go and I see Christmas trees in the stores and hear Christmas music on the radio. I may sing along and what not but I don't approve! I am really glad that we get an entire week off for Thanksgiving though. It is really convenient because I think the small one day breaks are pretty pointless for people who have to drive a really long ways or even fly to get home. I guess people leave because they just want to be home but I would rather be home for longer than just two and a half to three days personally, half of that being driving. I hope that you guys have an awesome Thanksgiving break and a very Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment